Sunday, December 18, 2005

Three in armor

Though I'm missing it (by choice), today for the first time Keith, Kirby and Marty are all in armor at the same time, off at a "war practice" in preparation for the Estrella War which is near Phoenix in February. I sent the camera with Marty and will try to link to some photos soon or eventually. When they're armored up they're not Keith/Kirby/Marty, they're Jarl Gunwaldt, Lord Magnus and Bardolf. For most of my adult life I really cared, and now that I'm not doing SCA myself but just being the supply officer back at the barracks, as it were, I still know a landmark moment when it comes, and today is one of those. There's a photo of Kirby in his armor which can be seen by those with myspace accounts http://myspace.com/kirbydodd (click "view more photos" under his main photo) and there are photos of both of them in costume, when they were much younger, here: http://sandradodd.com/duckford/children Fifteen years ago This week (Larger images are at flickr.com/photos/sandradodd)

1 comment:

Steve Muhlberger said...

"today for the first time Keith, Kirby and Marty are all in armor at the same time"

Despite my current blase attitude to the SCA, I still love fighting, and this is amazingly cool!