Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gratitude

I got this idea from Clint Stonebreaker's blog. He got it from a friend last year. They're posting five things they're grateful for, each Wednesday for a month before Thanksgiving, it seems.

Pretending it's Wednesday, then, and hoping I remember the next few Wednesdays:

1. I'm grateful for the internet, because it's easy to keep in touch with Keith at work and Kirby in Austin. I can watch 1960's rock and roll TV performances I missed (or that I saw, once, in the 60's). I can find city services numbers and back issues of national geographic, play a singing game with strangers, and send a thank-you letter to India (some things I've done in the past 12 hours), when I wasn't sleeping in my warm bed.

2. I'm grateful that Keith loves us and takes care of us.

3. I'm grateful for singing. On one day's notice, I invited ten people to come over and sing, and we had twelve. It was fun, and I'm glad we had extra cheese and that Marty and Brett Henry walked to the store for more refried beans for quesadillas, because all but three of those people came over hungry, and we were able to feed them chicken quesadillas until they were all full. We'll be singing every other week until Christmas.

4. I'm grateful to have our hot tub and for Keith to be willing to keep scrounging and cutting up wood for it. I'm grateful that we have a new stovepipe! (That photo is taken through double plate glass... )

5. I'm grateful that my children share their lives with us.



Next Wednesday, five more things.

2 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

nice photos!

Meg_L said...

What a nice idea. I think I'll try it.