Thursday, December 10, 2009

A good album by Locksley

December 10 Album of the year. What's rocking your world?

Locksley, "Don't Make Me Wait."

It's a British Invasion revival, with joy and humor and a little sexual innuendo. They're not Brits, but they're doing the mid-60's excellently, while sounding modern most of the time (or like The Oneders/Wonders from "That Thing You Do" on one song). Marty heard them first and told Holly, who got a CD and put it in the car and moved away. I was used to hearing it every time I drove, and the other day Keith had left some crazy heavy-metal Viking music in there and I was disturbed so I turned on 1600 AM, the finest oldies station there's ever been in Albuquerque.

Here's my favorite Locksley song. Maybe. My favorite changes, but this one's cute. And of course the album version is all clean and clear, while this one's live, silly and imperfect.



Here's something more polished and edited to perfection. I guess it will be on their upcoming album. This is art.

3 comments:

Holly said...

YES, YES, YES, YES!!

It's actually Marty's CD that he let me cruise with.

I'm glad these guys made it to your blog.

When I was in Oregon I was fairly well known for singing "Sha-la-la-la YEAH", but here Adam doesn't like it if I sing songs he doesn't know.

Cap'n Franko said...

You're being so consistent about December blogging. I'm skipping this one. I think the last album I bought was Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 about 20 years ago, unless it was NWA's Straight Outta Compton from about the same time period.

Sandra Dodd said...

My second choice would've been the new Michael Jackson CD that was made to be released with the London concerts, but ended up coming out with the documentary of the rehearsals.