Saturday, December 26, 2009

Momentous Moment

December 26 Insight or aha! moment. What was your epiphany of the year?

Aha! Aha...

I'm still thinking.

I had a couple of epiphanies about other people that wouldn't be nice to share. Sometimes I really want to think people like me for myself, but when other factors come into play I realize I am, to some extent, what they call "being used." But then I think... That's being useful! What if I were the sort of person who had no "use" to others?

Then I skirt another insulting phrase, which is being a tool. But there are two ways to go on that. There's the "what a tool" use, which means not a great tool, but dumb as a hammer. But the other way is to have been a tool used by a higher power, like God, or a philosophy or a movement. So if I'm a tool that helps people be more thoughtful or honest, that doesn't offend me. If someone uses me, even I'm embarrassed to discover it, if I was "used" to make the world better, then that's not so bad.

But that's not the learning of a moment, not a flash of AHa-ness. Still thinking.

No comments: