Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Pachelbel's Canon

The first Learn Nothing Day had a substitute page for my main unschooling page, intended to be very soothing and peaceful. The music is a very quiet version of "Pachelbel's Canon." Done on string instruments and maybe with a harp in there? Soothing. Gentle low-level soaring. About as slowly as it could be played, which I needed for the Learn Nothing Day lull.

SandraDodd.com/learnnothingday/tranquility


If you read music or care anything about music history, you might open this page to read along with the music for the video below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachelbel's_Canon There are two sound files on that page too—one of a piano arrangement and one on synthesizers. That would give you a taste of the range of its existence.

Then there's this, a home video of someone adding electric guitar. Some of you have probably seen it already, as it's been viewed over 66,000,000 times. Still, I found it today, as a link on the Medieval Trivia list. The original is baroque, not medieval, but it's a nice treatment and I'm glad someone sent it to that list.

3 comments:

Tall Kate said...

I really, really enjoyed the electric guitar version. Thanks for sharing!!

Sally said...

Thanks for posting the guitar video. I hadn't seen it, and I thought it was great! It reminded me of Mike Oldfield's guitar stylings. I think Pachelbel would have liked it. :D

Anna said...

I love love love Canon :-)