Sunday, December 27, 2009

Social Moments, Web Related







Everyone reading this is having a social web moment.

December 27 Social web moment. Did you meet someone you used to only know from her blog? Did you discover Twitter?

I did start using Twitter last year, and my favorite part is seeing what Kirby and Holly write there.

The number of people I've met after meeting them on the internet is in the hundreds, but it wasn't blogs—it was discussions on message boards and mailing lists set up for homeschoolers, and unschoolers.

In September I got to sing with some people after arranging the singing on the internet. That was cool.

I think my favorite "social web" story of the year is that Learn Nothing Day had a life of its own without a bunch of organizing. It's alive. I found a German Learn Nothing Day event I hadn't known about in advance. Just finding mentions is very cool. I don't have any plans for 2010's Learn Nothing Day.

E-mail is my favorite internet thing. Then websites, then message boards, then blogs. I love blogs, but I wish they were more solid, more reliably long-lived. I love the ease with which people can share photos.

YouTube, iTunes and Playlist.com have enriched my life. I love Google. Amazon and eBay have been very useful. Facebook and Myspace have been too much sometimes, but also very useful at other times.

I suppose what I'm saying is that I have social-moments-web-related every day!

No comments: