Sunday, July 04, 2010

My birthday, compared to the 4th of July

This is an 11:11 situation.
Today my age is 56 years, 11 months, and 11 days.

I was born on a Friday. Cool. There was a waxing gibbous moon.

Holly, home, working her Canada puzzle, telling me stories.



A politician I never heard of named Claire McCaskill is the same age. More important to me, in northern Germany (on the east side, in Lübeck) Wolfgang Marquardt was born, and he and I trade notes on the adventures of our same-aged lives. He was always really interested in the U.S., and lives in Belleview, Washington now.

Some of this trivia came out of my head, but some came from http://www.wolframalpha.com, a cool search engine that specializes in numbers, which I do not.

And while it says no Observances for July 24, 1953 (United States), there is specific to Utah "Pioneer Day", and specific to the unschoolers anywhere who want to play, "Learn Nothing Day." Twenty more days.

3 comments:

Cally said...

Freaky! Currently I'm sorting out our falling-to-bits albums from our trip to Europe (from new Zealand)in 1975. Last night I was re-reading what I was doing 35 years ago and.... on June 26 1975 I was spending the night in Lubeck! I haven't ever heard Lubeck mentioned outside of our album, then it pops up again today on your blog!

How did you find someone who has the same birthday? that sounds like such a fun thing to do.

Sandra Dodd said...

He found me by birthdays on AOL profiles years ago, maybe a dozen years ago.

Sandra Dodd said...

He found me by birthdays on AOL profiles years ago, maybe a dozen years ago.